Friday, December 16, 2011

Dear grocery store...

Why o WHy do you have to be so expensive. I go into Walmart last night, and spend $160 on "healthy foods" and almost die when I am about to pay. All the junk foods are so stinking cheap, it is no wonder people are so unhealthy. I am not saying having a piece of cake or candy every once in awhile is a bad thing but it amazed me at all the processed food in the store that people buy because of being convenient or because of price. It made me rather disgusted to look at a container of cookies and see over 25 ingredients. Just remember, that food sits on the shelves for MONTHS, not only days. We should be eating fruits and veggies as much as possible. Frozen pizza, whoever thought this was a good idea? Why does the FDA allow it? Obesity rate is at its highest and yet, they let the food thats BAD for us, in the stores so we can buy and get fatter. DISGUSTING!~ I am no longer going to sit around letting my life waste away because of garbage foods.
I was at the store a couple times around the 1st of the month, and watched people load up on garbage. I didn't see one fruit or veggie in a couple of carts, just frozen meals and boxed dinners. Whatever happened to making a meal? ( Not saying I havent ever just made oatmeal for dinner before ..old fashioned oats). I know it is going to cost us a bit more to eat healthier but in the end it's what will keep us healthier and also fulfilled. I am by no means Mrs Betty Crocker, but I am much more into making our meals instead of stopping in at a Mcdonalds. I know I am not the only one feeling this way.. It would be nice if the government would just make us pay less for wonderful healthy foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment:)